Tuesday, March 22, 2011

It's a clean sheets kind of day

Something about clean sheets makes everything better.

A freshly made bed is a fresh start, and clean sheets helps put things back at square one.

About two weeks ago, I completely cleaned out my closet and my room to get my life back on track.  (I even got a new comforter for Spring...it's solid white. Shhhh....it's before Easter, breakin' the law breakin' the law!!)  Things had just piled up and the cluttered lifestyle was transferring over into my personal and professional life.  It was junky and things were messy.  I was not as prepared at work, I was forgetting to call friends back, and I was missing out on a lot of good times by being lazy and sloppy.My messy room was a mirror that reflected the rest of my life. 

As I cleaned things up, things became more clear.  I found things I was looking for, I threw out the junk, and I organized the most important things.

So tonight, two weeks later, dirty sheets, one messy closet and piles of dirty clothes, I have decided that it's time to freshen up my life and change the sheets.  Get it together.  Throw out the junk metaphorically and literally.

Can't WAIT to climb into my new sheets tonight and start fresh! It makes life seem better, if only for a moment.

"He makes all things NEW"

No comments:

Post a Comment