Thursday, August 18, 2011

Tonight, I'm going to read.

Tonight, I'm going to read. An actual book.

Not a blog. Not a facebook post.  Not a tweet.  Not EVEN a child's writing or any form of email from school.  I'm mere minutes away from crawling into bed (yes, while the sun has not even set) and snuggle up with a book.  I'm going to let the DVR do the hard work tonight and take a night to unplug.

I have SO many books in my "line-up" to read next:
  • The Help (obvious choice, but I started it in May and then got overwhelmed and had to abandon it.)
  • The Hunger Games trilogy
  • A huge assortment of novels my mom gave me by Sheryl Woods, an author who I got hooked on this summer.  She writes sappy, cliche' romance books that I literally eat through in a day or two.  Lucky for me there are a bajillion of them I still have to read.
  • Save the Date by Jenny B. Jones (not going to lie, I stumbled upon this book title after I had the inspiration to write a series of books with the same title as my opening book...that was in my "wedding season" of life)
But tonight, it will be The Help. Snuggling up in t- minus 5 minutes. I look forward to being able to simply sit down and lose myself in a story.  Take myself to another time and get caught up in the characters...

...now let me go before I fall asleep even THINKING about my cozy bed.  Or think about how long of a day it has been (btw, today was the first day of school!!!! so fun!)

Peace and blessin's.

No comments:

Post a Comment