Sunday, October 30, 2011

It's the most wonderful time of the year!

It's the most WONDERFUL time of the year!

This time of the year is, without a doubt, my favorite time to be alive.  While I often find myself living for the summer (which is true) this time of the year is phenomenal.  All things wonderful culminate during this period of the year:
  • the leaves are at the peak of their beauty
  • football season is at the best part of the schedule
  • Halloween candy goes on sale
  • Browns, oranges, and deep mustard yellows can be seen throughout every store (minus those stores who decide to skip Thanksgiving all together and move right into the red and green color palette)
  • the school year is getting settled into a routine
  • my family gets to see each other more often
There are many, many more reasons why I love this time of the year. It's beautiful.

My challenge, and maybe it's also your challenge, is to not get so caught up in looking ahead towards Christmas that I miss the moment.  Also, don't get so caught up in the routine of life that you forget to LIVE.  Soak up the crisp air and enjoy this season.  It really is the most wonderful time of the year!

No comments:

Post a Comment