Sunday, December 12, 2010

Desert Song

"It's a GREAT day and I feel terrific?"

Some days, this is one of the first things I think about.  Those days are few and far between, but when I have that reminder first thing in the morning, I always feel a peace come over me.  Like JimDaddy is fist pumping that I remembered to claim the day.


Other days, this motto does not enter my thoughts until after I come out of a fog and actually begin thinking about the day. That would be today.

I am about to crawl out of bed and begin getting ready for church, and I am slowly beginning to turn my heart to a worshipful mood.  Last week, my pastor began a new series titled "Hope" right as the holidays approach.  Hosanna was the word of the day.  Hosanna means "Save, please!" It is a cry to God for help.  Last week, with untethered arms, I reached out and asked God for Hosanna to take place in my life.  Not to save me from my sins, which he has already promised the moment I gave my heart to Him, but to save me from myself.  Save me from my selfishness.  Save me from my complacency.  Save me from the routine that I am stuck in.

Yet, here I am a week later, really just remembering to stop and beg God for Hosanna in the Highest today over my life.  And that's a shame. Seriously? One whole week went by without me claiming the day for Him? One whole week went by without me trying to change the way I was? One whole week went by where I did not, on my own, lift up my eyes to the hills and get some help. Shameful.

Hear my cry, Lord.  Hosanna. Save me from...me.

Listening to "Desert Song" (also by Hillsong) on repeat as I get ready this morning.  The first few verses are legit my heart this morning, so I'll share those:

VERSE 1:
This is my prayer in the desert
When all that's within me feels dry
This is my prayer in my hunger and need
My God is the God who provides

VERSE 2:
This is my prayer in the fire
In weakness or trial or pain
There is a faith proved
Of more worth than gold
So refine me Lord through the flame

CHORUS:
I will bring praise
I will bring praise
No weapon formed against me shall remain
I will rejoice
I will declare
God is my victory and He is here
BRIDGE:
All of my life
In every season
You are still God
I have a reason to sing
I have a reason to worship

No comments:

Post a Comment