Saturday, December 11, 2010

New adventure

As I begin this post, I want to first say...I'm not that interesting. Wanted to clear things up at the beginning. I just need a place to post my stories, thoughts, prayers, ramblings, and all around random life events.


I love to journal, but I have not found enough time to sit and write since October. And SO much has happened. I mainly want to write things on this blog about my ridiculous life as a 3rd grade teacher. Let's be real. There are some RIDICULOUS stories. And some sweet moments. And a LOT of frustration that I go through on a daily basis.


My life is like a roller coaster. But instead of a fun, multi-loops, big drop kind of roller coaster, it's a safe, flat, kid friendly kind of roller coaster. Full of mild ups and downs that do not thrill nor disappoint too much. If this roller coaster was at Carowinds, I would equate it to the Scooby Doo roller coaster. Still exciting, but mild. Vanilla. I almost made my blog the color of vanilla. Because that is what it feels like I have been in a cycle of lately. Even in my relationship with God--we have our thrilling moments, but overall it has been the same cycle. And he deserves more than that. He deserves my all. Simple as that. The routine should not trump my affections for the One who paid it all for me.


Wow. Wasn't planning on admitting that, but maybe that's what it will take. Some straight up vulnerablity to make me snap out of this vanilla cycle. I look forward to getting a chance to journal again, but for now, I am going to try this blog.


"I life my eyes up to the hills-where does my help come from? My help comes from the Lord, the maker of Heaven and Earth. He will not allow your foot to slip; He who keeps you will not slumber." Psalm 121:1-3


Trusting this truth as I go through this mild, kid friendly (vanilla) roller coaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment