Friday, December 17, 2010

Hip Hip Horray for Christmas Vacation!

Fist pump.

It's Christmas break.

This week has been such a long week, and I cannot believe that it is finally over. PTL!  I have done everything short of babysitting this week in my 3rd grade class, and have come home more exhausted every day.  I thought I would be a "good teacher" and let them have less homework and more freedom this week, which turned into me refereeing and entertaining for half the week.

Funny story from the week:  One of my boys made EIGHT Christmas cards for a girl  in our class.  Here is what one of those cards said: 
" Dear J,   Are you haveing a fun week?  Alot of people in class think that I like you but I do not love you.  I just like you a little bit.  Do you want my eraser?  Merry Christmas.  Love, C"


It is very obvious that she has no interest in him, and came up to me today as serious as can be and said "Really, Ms. Baxter, I don't know what to do with my eighth card from him."

Poor guy.

We have a class Penguin names Jingles who has been causing quite a ruckus these past three weeks.  He plays tricks on my class and watches them to report back to Santa.  You may be familiar with "Elf on a Shelf"...well...this is my bouggie version of that.  Elves are expensive.  Jingles today, though, got elf-napped by another class and they went CRAZY trying to get him back.  Protests ensued.  "Free Jingles" signs were hung up.  "Wanted" posters were posted all over trying to find the perp.   It was like the Weezy movement, but with a fictional stuffed animal who did not get arrested for gun charges.  Spoiler alert:  Jingles was returned after recess without a scratch. 

So now, after four seasonal coffee mugs and two bags of cheap Christmas candy later,  I am officially on break.  Excited from some alone time without having to hear "Ms. Baxter" 1,000 times a day.  I will enjoy being Kathryn for 2 weeks.  I'd even settle for K-Bax. 

Here's to being normal.

No comments:

Post a Comment