Monday, January 3, 2011

Catchya on the flipside, twenty ten.

When I got home to my parents' for Christmas break, I realized that I did not bring my laptop home with me.  While my parents do have a computer, I didn't want to spend my time in an upright, uncomfortable, kitchen chair broadcasting my biznass over my entire household.  I just felt like that wouldn't be conducive to good thinking.  Or any thinking at all.  There were many moments where I thought to blog-- I even had begun creating posts in my head.  "Bloggese" is becoming a language I frequently think in.

This becomes a problem for me, the people pleaser, who thinks"this is something I should blog about"  because it becomes ingenuine (which, according to Wikipedia and Urban Dictionary, isn't even a word...but you get the point).  I feel the need to be funny or profound or just sit here not wasting space.  Instead of just keeping it real, I am trying to make it into this bigger deal than it is.  Seriously...I have zero followers.  I think I'll survive not being witty all the time and my "rep" might still be in tact. Just maybe.

So onto Christmas...here's the Cliff's Notes version:

Saturday: Lindsay and Mason's wedding in Greenville. BEAUTIFUL and so much fun to be around my favorite sorority sisters.  Kicked it with Katie and Reed (the Moore's guest room...uhh..not sure if I'm old enough to be visiting my married friend's guest room but it happened)

Monday/Tuesday: Charlotte to go shopping with mom at Concord Mills.  Picked out all my clothes that I was going to get in 3 days.  SURPRISE!

Wednesday: I cannot say this enough...Newspring Christmas service was legit.  The word was brought.  People stepped over from death to life.  It was beautiful and moving. Followed by a Christmas sleepover with the roomz and Jen Poe. Sugar cookies and Love Actually while the tree was lit up.  Heaven on Earth.

Christmas Eve: Got to serve at Newspring, then head home officially for a few days. Oyster Roast with my brother and two favorite cousins, and then traditional Christmas dinner at home with the fam.

Christmas morning: So nice to be in a family of adults and sleep past 7 AM.  Even though, honestly, I rolled over at 5:45 and contemplated waking up.  Then laughed and thought "not happenin' " as I rolled over and slept until 9. My uncle's house for Christmas day lunch and hanging out with my mom's side of the family.  So nice to not be rushed and hectic.

Day after Christmas: Woke up to SNOW all over the ground, then went to Orangeburg for Baxter family Christmas.  Which was held in grandma's nursing home for the first time, so that was a big change.

After that: TWB Reunion in Gastonia/Mooresville the day after.  Home for a few days and then to Atlanta for the Chickfila Bowl with my family.  Four adults in the car ride there/back means quality bonding time.  There were ups and downs (ups being in Atl, downs being the game) Despite the outcome, we had GREAT seats, and enjoyed our time being surrounded by Gamecock fans.

Here's my spirited Gamecock family at the Dome on New Year's Eve. We were hoping to send this one out for the New Year after a victory since we didn't do a Christmas card. Fail. 
Which brings us into Twenty Eleven. New Years.

January is a time when I usually think back upon the previous year and reflect on how things went and what is to come.  I don't actually have a checklist of lifegoals (that would be disastrous) but I do want to start the year off right.  I have one resolution, but it's actually a funny one and is just a challenge to myself to see if I can accomplish it.  Let me start by saying that it's ridiculous how many t-shirts I have.  I had a t-shirt quilt made for college graduation, and I used 15-20 shirts for the quilt alone.  Now, 6 of my 8 dresser drawers are dedicated to short sleeve shirts.  My last estimate was around 93 or 94, but this number has grown since that count.

My new year's resolution is to not repeat a t-shirt before wearing all of them.  This excludes long sleeve t-shirts (it is winter, for cryin' out loud) and it excludes white v-necks because that's just ridic.  I actually don't even have a chance to wear short sleeve shirts very often (hazard of being a working girl in the real world, does not offer many opportunities to do so) but I am beginning to go to the gym more so that will be the challenge.  This is not a serious resolution, therefore, I probably will not loathe myself if I slip up and wear a shirt two times.

More to come, Happy Twenty Eleven!

Peace and blessin's, K-Bax

No comments:

Post a Comment