Friday, January 28, 2011

Shrinkdown

I teach 3rd grade at this fabulous school, but right now it is a very competitive environment.  That's because of the YMCA.  Yes, the YMCA.

They created this competition between 4 elementary schools called "Shrinkdown"--a weight loss competition to promote a healthier lifestyle.  The programs puts the 4 schools against each other to compete for the total weight loss and within our school we are competing against each other too.  Picture The Biggest Loser...but with teachers.  Pretty hilarious, actually.

So far in two weeks, I have lost 4 pounds.  I am TIRED of working out so hard/counting calories so strictly and only losing 2 pounds a week... then I remembered that the competition lasts 8 weeks so I could be looking at -16 pounds by my birthday in March.  That would be sweet.

So, as the verse in Philippians says, "I'm pressing on towards the goal..."

1 comment: