Friday, January 21, 2011

"That" girl

Throughout my teenage years, college, and apparently even now as I'm a mini-adult...I have always had a friend or two in my circle of friends who end up being"that" girl.

No, I'm not talking about the girl who passes out after a crazy night out. Not that girl.  But the girl in the group of friends who always...ALWAYS...has a boyfriend. THAT girl.

I'm talking about the kind of girl who has not been single since the pre-teen years.  The one who is always in a relationship.  Now, this particular type of girl does not bother me. Do not misinterpret this post.  I am not annoyed by this girl.  But tonight, I perused a friend's facebook page and noticed that she is...yet again...in a serious relationship with a guy.  This is probably her 9th serious relationship since high school.  Sometimes I think "man! she needs to find one she likes and stop going from guy to guy so frequently" but tonight, a different though all together came across my mind:

Why is it that "that" girl can always risk so much for someone when I am the POLAR opposite and have (on the flipside) never once been in a serious relationship? How is it that she can be so committed and invested in someone else and jumps into relationships head first after going through bad breakups with guys she felt strongly about?  Instead of thinking that she is foolish for risking so much all the time, I looked to "that" girl with a little bit of admiration.  Just a little.  Because, even though she has been through so many relationships, she goes full out, no holding back, jumping headfirst into love and takes risks.

So, here's to you girl who always has a boyfriend.  Because, although I am not like you at all, I can find some positive in how much you go after life.

"Courage is not the absence of fear but rather the judgment that something is more important than fear. The brave may not live forever but the cautious do not live at all." -The Prince of Genovia (The Princess Diaries)

No comments:

Post a Comment